Have you been thinking of stepping out in a bold, new direction?
Do you secretly dream of going for it in a passion such as writing, ministry, non-profit creation, activism, furthering your education, or training for ___ (insert your dream)?
Maybe you fear taking a leap of faith or worry about looking foolish if things don’t work out.
Are you excited some days about making a game plan? Do you wonder other days where to start?
It takes intention to sort out God’s plans for our lives. It takes courage to step in a new direction.
The G-forces of popular culture and some religious traditions tug us toward a status quo. Yet, God’s Spirit whispers us toward bigger plans (Eph. 3:20). Knowing your one-of-a-kind self and discerning your spiritual gifts are keys to living with passion and confidence.
Often, it can be hard to discern your spiritual gifts alone. Working with someone else can be extremely helpful. That’s why I started offering life coaching.
I know what it’s like to wrestle through questions, fears, and doubts, especially as a woman. I’ve lived through ups and downs personally and professionally. I know the excitement of owning a vision, setting measurable goals, and adjusting them when facing new obstacles.
Keeping perspective and pressing on is true success as we reflect Jesus to the world. Philippians 2:13 offers great advice as we step forward:
Redouble your efforts. Be energetic in your life of salvation, reverent and sensitive before God. That energy is God’s energy, an energy deep within you, God himself willing and working at what will give him the most pleasure. (The Message)
Are you ready to develop a clearer vision of who you are and what God is calling you to do?
Email me here to ask about private, faith-based consultation. I’ll send you a questionnaire to jump start our discussions. We’ll discuss your unique design and spiritual gifts, or another focus (you decide). Together, we’ll explore resources and options. I’ll help you navigate bumps in the road and cheer you on as God’s Spirit propels you in a bold, new direction.
What Life Coaching Is:
- Meeting virtually by phone or Skype.
- Discussing your dream and vision, or anything else you want advice and encouragement about.
- Making a plan for learning your unique design and discerning your spiritual gifts. (You chart the course with my suggestions.)
- Discussing your next steps. (You determine the degree of consultation and support that works for your plans and budget.)
What Life Coaching Isn’t:
Seminary equipped me with skills and credentials to serve as a Life Coach. I am not a licensed therapist, but I would be glad to refer you to licensed professionals in your area.
Telling you what to do
Jesus’ spirit guides us in deeply personal ways. In my experience, God moves mysteriously as we step by faith toward realities we cannot fully see (Heb. 11:1). Rarely is the way crystal clear. For this reason, I’ll journey with you, pointing to resources and offering encouragement, as you listen to God’s whispers (i.e. I’ll never say “God is telling you this or that”).
Life Coaching Fees:
Discussing your vision and setting short and long-term goals takes at least three meetings. So I offer coaching on a monthly retainer with discounts for longer-term coaching. One month of Life Coaching ($99) includes:
- A questionnaire (you fill out) to discuss in our first meeting, determining the focus.
- 45-minute discussion of your vision, questions, goals, and anything else on your mind.
- Suggested resources emailed to you for future discussion.
- One hour discussion of resources and practical options depending on the direction you choose to take.
- One hour final consultation on setting specific measurable goals for the future.
- Encouragement and answers to short questions by email in-between meetings.
Please inquire here about longer-term life coaching (with discounted rates). I look forward to hearing from you!